- Fry one clove of an unpeeled garlic in a saucepan, let it brown, then remove it and add the anchovies: let them melt and crush them with a wooden ladle;
- Add the olives, the capers, the chili pepper, the Petti finely chopped tomatoes and the soy sauce, add salt and pepper and cook on a low heat for 10 minutes;
- Brown the steak in a heavy-bottomed pan with oil and butter and cook it medium rare with thyme and 1 clove of garlic;
- Cut the meat into slices and serve with the tomato sauce and fresh basil.
Ingredients for 2 servings
• Garlic, 3 cloves;
• Petti finely chopped tomatoes, 400g;
• Basil, q.s.;
• Soy sauce, 1 spoon;
• Olives, q.s.;
• Capers, a handful;
• Anchovies, 2;
• ChiliPepper, q.s.;
• Oil/Butter, q.s.;
• Thyme/Salt/Pepper, q.s.